Position: Technology Senior Associate / Junior Vice President
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Paris Office (Champs-Elysées)
Compensation: Competitive salary + bonus based on individual contribution and transaction success
Our Investment Banking Department focuses on the Technology, Healthcare and Cleantech industries. Through its Investment Banking Department, Bryan, Garnier & Co has become a leader in advising European growth companies on strategic finance transactions such as M&A, ECM, LBOs, private placements and other strategic transactions.
The team is made up of international individuals who have held senior executive positions in the industries on which we focus, seasoned investment bankers and former venture capitalists.
We are recruiting an Associate / Vice President to support the growing activity of our Investment Banking Department in Paris.
Bryan, Garnier & Co requires that Senior Associates / Junior Vice Presidents assume high levels of responsibility immediately. As the principal client contact in a client during a transaction, an Associate coordinates the process, from initial meeting with senior management to working closely with senior professionals to negotiate mandates. This generally involves meeting with CEOs, CFOs and corporate development executives of public and private companies, preparing and delivering client presentations and managing a team of analysts and support staff.
The position appeals to individuals with hands-on experience in both execution and assistance in origination, who seek a challenging opportunity requiring expertise and great reliability. The position will provide unparalleled exposure to senior professionals and to a large scope of Investment Banking transactions.
- Management of transaction processes including financial modelling, research and other data analysis often conducted by the team’s Analysts
- Manage and train a team of Analysts on a daily basis, staff them on on-going projects accordingly with the needs of the different sector practices and participate in recruitment
- Valuation: undertake valuations from initial data to indicative valuation and present them to colleagues and clients, taking responsibility for the substance and quality of the work
- Modelling: create and update detailed financial models and business plans for private placements, management buy-outs, M&A and Capital Markets transactions
- Presentations: support Managing Directors in preparing pitches for prospect presentation
Research & Documentation: coordinate the writing of detailed investment memorandums and other transaction documents
- General Transaction support: involvement in assembling, developing, and/or editing information requests, due diligence lists, confidentiality agreements, engagements letters, proposals and management presentations. Coordinate client conference calls, deliverables & correspondence and road show events
- Marketing: assist in execution of the origination strategy to contact potential clients
Sector coverage: analyse a range of companies to understand trends and investment interests
Contribute to the overall development of the Corporate Finance team and the Investment bank
A previous 3-to-6-year Investment Banking experience in Transactional Services and/or M&A (non-internships) is required for applicants to be considered.
- Ability to train, motivate and lead a team of Analysts
- Complete autonomy in the conduct of operations and relationships with clients
- Excellent research abilities
- Flawless writing skills in both French and English
- Strong accounting skills
- Tier 1 modelling and Excel skills
- A proven interest in technology
- Excellent attention to detail
- Time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work under pressure
The candidate will also be committed, reliable, and analytically-minded, have a good understanding of business and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to apply: